INVITATION TO INTERNSHIP
UJK is working with in employment field reporters, freelancers, bloggers, editors, managers, media owners and journalism students. This year, UJK is opening its First Internship Program that will be running every Three Months.
We are therefore pleased to invite applications from journalism students and finalists (2022/23) for our First Cohort, January 2023-31st March 2023.
The internship program is based on:
- Solutions journalism: reporting on solutions shown to be effective at addressing societal problems
- Development journalism and journalism for social change: reporting on specific topics and in such a way that advances positive and equitable development within society
Our internship participants are offered:
- Practical skills including story pitching, news gathering, editing, packaging and dissemination of content.
- Experience in working with established media professionals and houses
- Daily one-hour interaction/training in professional subjects
- Opportunity to obtain a career guidance and connections
- Multimedia Skills
- Participatory youth radio training
An intern’s duties will mainly include:
- Daily field assignments majorly to gather news stories
- Current office work support
- Event organization and coordination
And any other assignments
Please Note: There is no allowance allocated to interns unless under a special arrangement
How to join us?
Contact the person in charge of internship placement on; +256774065478 or email at, firstname.lastname@example.org – send us your Curriculum Vitae (resume) and one-page cover letter expressing your interest not later than 23rd January 2023.
NB: The placement will be based on first come, first serve basis.